Monday, August 30, 2010

The State Fair-est of them All

Well it is that time of year again... State Fair Time! The Fair always signifies the end of one season and the beginning of another and since it's typically the last really, ugly hot week of summer, you just can't help to go celebrate the end of heat and humidity with all the fried food and beer one can consume.


Now, I have had a particularly long love affair with the State Fair. My parents and I have gone every year since I was about 3 and once I hit the "why are you treating me like a child I am now a teeeeenager" years, my friends and I would hop on the bus at Southdale and ride in. We used to take the bus all over the place (Southdale, friend's houses, Uptown) before any of us could drive, but that was when there were more buses going through Edina and parents didn't overcrowd their kids' schedules with sports and clubs and camps and we were really left to be just kids. BUT, I digress...


This year, I'll be making at least 2-3 trips to the great Minnesota get together- sad... yes, but it's a tradition I have held onto for ump-teen years and REFUSE to let it go :) These are a few things that I am excited for:









Wait... that's terrifying.



It's the most wonderful tiiiiime of the year! Go here for more info:



http://www.mnstatefair.org/



I'll be there tomorrow night wearing something like this:






See ya there!

No comments:

Post a Comment